Tuesday 20 March 2012

Representing for Midwest Style

I was thrilled to be asked to share my spring style secrets with Refinery 29. Aside from the fact that I never really thought my style had any secrets to it, I was so happy to be apart of a feature that showed that Midwest girls had any style at all.


 The emergence of street style blogs have really provided a platform for real and unique style across the globe. Individuals from places such as Antwerp, Bangkok, and Brisbane have made their mark in the fashion industry without having to leave their own neighborhoods. 
Considering that at one time fashion was once a luxury only to be obtained by the affluent, and the "outsiders" were left to daydream whilst flipping through the glossy pages of Vouge and Elle. However, after being captured by a street style blogger (the wonderful Emma Arnold of Tres Awesome)my look was published in Elle for all the world to see. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that could be possible. 
It is an exciting thought to know that is industry is becoming not only just more unified, but more realistic. People all across the globe are learning to not mimic what we see in magazines, but to be inspired by each other by just the click of a mouse. I guess we can really say that this really is the fashion of the future. And to think all this time I was waiting to start dressing like a Jetson.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment